Become a Coming of Age Member
Sign up for
Like Us on Facebook
Coming of Age:
881 Turk Street
Who We Are & What We Do
Who We Are
Coming of Age:Bay Area, launched in 2010, seeks to capture and utilize the talent, passion and skills of individuals 50+ with exciting programs that benefit the entire community.
In the next decades, many of the 78 million baby boomers in the U.S. will join the dynamic generation that preceded them in retiring from full-time work. Anticipating decades more of productivity and good health, these retirees and pre-retirees are exploring new interests, contemplating second careers and offering their expertise in their communities.
Because of the sheer size, energy and diversity of this powerful group, they are profoundly changing ideas about retirement and aging.
What We Do
Through its programs, training and consultation, Coming of Age helps people 50+ make rewarding transitions to the next phase of life by providing pathways to explore passions, plan for the future, become community leaders, pursue lifelong learning and engage in meaningful service. Coming of Age offers multifaceted programs designed to discover and tap the potential of aging.
To help realize this transformation, Coming of Age:
- Provides structured opportunities for people to explore their futures in workshops and in one-on-one counseling sessions
- Helps people engage in meaningful volunteer and community service
- Builds the capacity of for-profit, not-for-profit and public sector organizations to harness the experience, talents and skills of people 50+
- Presents programs focused on the wide-ranging interests of Boomers and others 50 and older
- Increases public awareness about the tremendous value people 50+ provide to the community.